History of the house
Michael Gritschacher took over a farm, a small shop and an even smaller inn from his father.
The inn was first mentioned in 1870 and slowly expanded during the construction of the railway through the Drautal as the construction workers kept coming to eat.
At that time, the inn, the small shop and the stable were, although spatially separated from each other, housed in a larger farmhouse. It was not until 1880, when agriculture expanded significantly, that the large stable was built next to the farmhouse. The inn was built in its current stately form in 1885.
One of the most famous owners of our inn was a National CouncilorJosef Gritzacher (1883 – 1963), among others. Co-founder of the Austrian People's Party (ÖVP) in Carinthia. A lot of the celebrities of the time came through him, such as: b.Julius Raab (Federal Chancellor) as wellLeopold Figl (Federal Chancellor) in the Gasthof Gritschacher.
The nearnessRoman town of Teurnia has also left its mark on our house. A marble slab is embedded above the entrance door, which shows two arcades in relief. It was originally the narrow side of a Roman sarcophagus. As well as in the garden above the staircase there is the remains of an old Roman column
The house name “STANER” is derived from the former “Steinerhube” property.
In 1910, Marianne Gritschacher discovered a machine for pasta production while traveling to Bad Reichenhall to visit her cousin. Very impressed by this machine, she decided to purchase one of these machines in order to produce her own pasta in wood in St. Peter.
A short time later, the “factory house” was built opposite the inn. In 1925, a real factory building was built in place of the “factory house”, which is now home to a renowned beekeeping business. “Gritschacher Eiernudeln” was produced until the end of the 1980s.